Thursday, November 8, 2012

So I started running off the first of the care tags.  I had some problems with the first batch, but I finally got them ironed out.  Also, the ink I was using was really thick and I don't print much flat stock, so on the flood stroke, I was double hitting the paper and was leaving a ghost image.  The problem is that I am printing white on white and couldn't see the ghosting.  This was driving me absolutely mad because I thought that it was a problem with the adhesion powder smearing the print.  It wasn't until I was looking real close at one of the fresh prints that i saw the overbite.
The first sheets came out over cured and had some adhesion problems.  but I sped up the dryer and they stuck like a champ.  Now I have the gel time down to science.

So far I've only used the press for white on dark and will have to print some black prints for heat pressing.  I'm a little nervous because the black I like using is a real thin matte black called "batman black" from Triangle ink.  I love it because it comes out flat, dark, real flexible, and has great coverage. It is as close to a waterbase as it gets without being water based.  The real question is how will it print on transfer paper and how will it adhere when pressed?  Hopefully it will have no hand.  One of the things that I like about white heat transfers is that they go on very flat and have great opacity!  You can barely feel that it is there.  I am in the process of doing a 25 wash test to see how they hold up to extreme wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu